Best Guide For Skin Care and It’s Routine
Achieve a glowing and healthy skin by performing the basic daily fundamental regimen. To achieve perfect skin, a good healthy diet along with good skin care is required which can delay natural ageing and prevent skin related issues. Indulge into the following groove for skin care:
Protect yourself from the sun
Everyone requires sun exposure to churn out Vitamin D (which assists in absorption of calcium for strong and healthy bones). But indefensible exposure to the sun’s UV rays can impair the skin, eyes and immune system. It could also be the genesis of cancer, even though there are other factors which could arise such like environment and heredity. Immoderate sun and UV light exposure could lead to premature skin ageing (Photoaging) as well.
How to Protect yourself from the harmful sun rays?
● Limit the sun’s exposure to yourself by avoiding going out in the sun from 10am to 4pm.
● Apply a generous amount of broad spectrum (i.e protection against UVA and UVB rays) sunscreen with Sunscreen Protection Factor of 30 to all bare skin. Reapply every two hours, or even more if you are swimming or sweating.
● Wear full sleeved shirts and pants along with hats and sunglasses. Prefer clothes made out of UV protection factor (UPF) materials or tightly woven materials.
● Guard your lips by using lip balms of at least 15 Sunscreen Protection Factor (SPF).
Apart from the well known harms that smoking causes like cancer, lung and heart disease, smoking can accelerate the normal ageing process of your skin, that can be conducive to wrinkles, uneven skin complexion, deep creases, and puffiness below the eyes, teeth and gum diseases, hair loss, even fertility.
Smoking tobacco leads to oxidative stress which results in the insufficient supply of oxygen and nutrients to the skin thus resulting in narrow blood vessels. The corresponding factor may also shrink the ability of the skin to repair wounds, cuts, scrapes, ensuing the chance of wound infection.
Devour a nutritious Diet
We often forget that a healthy balanced diet is imperative for a gorgeous glowing skin. Healthy skin is an indicator of your overall health. The healthy food that you consume can help improve your skin’s elasticity, uneven skin complexion, roughness, and ageing.
A thumb rule to follow whilst figuring out a healthy diet is to eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins in abundance. Some research suggests the intake of a diet rich in fish oil, low unhealthy fats, drinking plenty of water and low intake of processed and refined carbohydrates may aid younger looking skin.
Essential glorious skin care nutrients are
● Vitamin A: natural sources of Vitamin A are sweet potatoes, tomatoes, mangoes, pumpkin, carrots etc.
● Vitamin E: natural sources for Vitamin E are fish, walnuts, chia seeds, cashews, peanuts, almonds etc.
● Vitamin C: natural sources for Vitamin C are citrus fruits, peppers, strawberries, broccoli, potatoes etc.
● Zinc: natural sources of zinc are legumes, beans, whole grains, nuts etc.
● Copper: natural sources of copper are lentils, oil seeds, nuts, Avocados etc.
● Omega 3 Fatty Acids
● Selenium: natural sources for Selenium are Brazil nuts, fish, tomatoes, eggs etc.
● Collagen: the collagen production can be boosted by Vitamin C, Zinc and Copper coupled with a healthy lifestyle.
How much water should you drink per day? The amount of water that you should drink depends on multiple factors including your metabolism, weight, height, how active you are and where you live.
Water constitutes about 50% to 70% of your body weight, hence, every cell, tissue and organ requires water for proper functioning. Skin is the largest organ in the body, it safeguards, stores lipids and water and serves as thermoregulation.
Everyday you lose water through perspiration, urination, bowel movements and breath.To maintain the body hydrated you must replenish its water supply by consuming water and water based drinks.
Drinking water assists to improve skin; sagging, pH balance, flush toxins, diminish wrinkles, nips the pimples and acne in the bud, moisturises, improves elasticity.
The amount of water required per person per day varies but on an average 8 glasses of water is recommended. For those living in harsher and hotter environments as well as those who exercise should also increase their water intake.
Stress weakens the immunity system, It has also been evinced that stress tends to supplement acne besides exacerbating eczema and other skin conditions. Exercising can help reduce stress in addition to increasing blood flow to the skin.
Good Night’s Sleep
A good night’s sleep can pave the way for healthier skin, mental tenacity, mood, increased clarity, focus, metabolism, immune function, and even augment productivity. A study divulged in the journal Nature Cell Biology associates irregular circadian rhythms to the skin’s propensity to synthesise collagen. If your circadian rhythms are disrupted you are more susceptible to diseases and illness.
It is a no-brainer that regular exercise is imperative; beneficial for physical health. But exercising also aggravates blood flow, nourishes cells, gets rid of toxins from skin, impedes & reverses the sign of ageing.
To obtain a healthy skin you must cleanse it regularly as it eliminates dirt, gunk, bacteria, dead cells that accumulate on your skin; however, ensure to treat your skin gently with dermatologist prescribed methods.
What are the best skin care products for your skin?
To get astonishing results out of the daily skincare routine, irrespective of your skin type. The routine can be divided into morning and night; the morning care course is about protection from sun, pollution, etc. The night care course is for repairing, hydrating and nourishing.
The following steps are to be followed to achieve glorious skin:
● Cleanser: Cleansing removes contaminants and excess oil from the skin thereby, averting clog pores and dull skin. Use a cleanser suitable for your skin type; oily; dry; acne prone; sensitive. Also bear in mind to use a well balanced pH, sulphate & soap free cleanser.
● Toner: These are water based skin care liquid applied on the dry skin after face cleansing, it assists in achieving a smooth skin whilst restoring nutrients.
● Moisturiser: It should be used every time you wash your face; keeps your skin hydrated and soft. For oily and acne prone skins, oil free or gel moisturisers should be used.
● Sunscreen: One of the main reasons for premature skin ageing, skin cancer is due to sun; ensure to use adequate amounts of broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least 30 SPF.
● Exfoliants: This is a process in which the dead skin cells are removed in order to make smooth, clear and bright skin. These are of three types: physical exfoliants, chemical exfoliants, combo exfoliants; these can be applied two to three times per week, once a week, daily, respectively, but adhere to the instructions specified by the product manufacturer.
● Serum: These are highly concentrated, nutrient enriched ingredients that address a plethora of issues; wrinkles; dark spots etc. Anti oxidant serum is the most preferred and suggested serum; averts the formation of free radicals, diminishes the signs of ageing over time, blunting skin’s inflammatory responses, neutralises damages done from UV rays and environment.
● Eye cream: to ensure health and thickness of eyelid, dark circles, wrinkles etc around the eye area; use eye cream everyday.
● Spot Treatment: To get rid of the blemishes, apply a spot treatment cream and have a clear skin.
- Treat your lips : Apply a lip balm or petroleum jelly based balm for chapped lips to keep it hydrated. It is also necessary to use lip balms as a sunscreen against UV rays, ensuring that the balm is of 30 SPF or higher for outdoor purposes.
Note: It is highly advised to consult a reputed dermatologist as you will be screened for any skin issues.
You will learn about skin care in this article. It explains how to take care of your skin, how to benefit from it, and how to stop being afraid of beauty. The most crucial subjects will be covered in this essay, such as how to take care of your skin and prevent ageing. A brief overview of products and their applications for various skin types is also provided.