As the name suggests ,a food that contains more of nutrient protein and less of carbohydrates and other nutrients or a diet that contains 20 percent or more than 20 percent daily calories from itself. The main reason for consumption of high protein in the diet is to make the body balanced and weight loss also. No doubt overconsumption of everything is bad, hence, the more use of diet such as meat, chicken is bad as it contains high percentage of saturated fats.
According to the American Heart Association Guidelines, adults who are trying to control their fat should not eat more than 30 percent of their calories from fat and less than 7 percent from saturated fat. Sometimes the diet restricts from taking carbohydrates also.
BENEFITS OF EATING MORE PROTEIN:
Consuming protein makes you feel satisfied and full with less diet. Its because of the main reason that reduces the level of hunger hormone ghrelin. It also boosts the level of peptide YY which is a hormone that makes your stomach feel full. So its suggested that if you want to lose belly fat then consume it rather than carbo and fat.
2.INCREASES MUSCLE MASS:
When strength training is done muscle growth happens and eating protein helps in maintaining muscle mass. That’s why we see adults who go to the gym and do some sort of exercise. They require a good amount of protein to maintain the body.
3.INCREASES BONE STRENGTH
It’s true that people who eat animal protein have good bone robustness and that’s why it protects them from fractures and bone issues also.
4. REDUCES CRAVINGS AND LATE NIGHT SNACKING
Surely, cravings are difficult to control but in research it’s found that intake of protein can reduce a person’s cravings to a large extent. A study shows that an overweight man increases consumption of protein to 25 percent of calories and suddenly cravings are reduced by 60 percent and desire to eat snacks at night by half.
5. LOWERS THE BLOOD PRESSURE
Sudden heart attacks occur due to high blood pressure and protein in the diet lowers that blood pressure .
6.HELP TO STAY FIT AND HEALTHY
Proteins are the building blocks of tissues and organs. Bones play an integral part in the body and weakening of bones occurs due to ageing but it intake and taking proper diet reduces the risk of ageing and makes you healthy.
HIGH PROTEIN FOODS LIST
This diet is very important for our overall health. Having it keeps you full and adults ,old people need more protein.
The highly protein rich food includes:
1. EGGS: Eggs are a good source of protein and contain other nutrients also such as vitamins, minerals,fats and antioxidants. Eggs contain amino acids,so that the body is well equipped to make full use of it in them.
Study says that one egg contains: vitaminB12, vitamin B2, vitamin A, vitamin B5, selenium and egg yolks contain all nutrients except egg white that contains protein.
2. COTTAGE CHEESE: a cheese is also rich in various nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus, selenium, vitaminB2 and it is high in saturated fats and salt. So that’s why eating too much leads to high cholesterol.
3. GREEK YOGURT: also called strained yogurt forms a thick layer of yogurt rich in protein. Eating yogurt daily improves the immune system as it contains healthy bacteria and these healthy bacteria prevents bad bacteria from taking over and leads to a good body system.
4. ALMONDS: almonds are healthful food with high fat and lower overall cholesterol levels and increase the vitamin E level in plasma and red blood cells.
5. FISH: people who eat fish a lot in their diet tend to have a low risk of heart disease and diabetes . However, tuna fish is very much rich in protein and commercially available fish.
6. PEANUTS AND PEANUT BUTTER: helpful for vegetarians who want protein in their diet. It helps to improve blood sugar level and improve sleep quality.
7. EATING MORE WHOLE GRAINS: grains rich in it include cornmeal, teff, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal and buckwheat.
8. MILK: cow milk is an excellent source of protein. One cup serves 8g of it.
9. PUMPKIN SEEDS : pumpkin seeds reduce chronic diseases such as cancer and it includes highly nutritional antioxidants that enhance heart and body health.
Healthy food is very important in life and food provides various nutrients and they provide energy,growth ,increases metabolism and keeps the immune system healthy. Health is above everything and eating nutritious food can make everything good.
1. What are high protein foods? Tell all the nutrients’ names.
Ans: high protein foods are rich in proteins and contain 20 percent or more than 20 percent calories intake from itself.
Nutrients are: carbohydrates, fats, protein, vitamins, minerals.
2. Name some protein rich food items.
Ans: fish, almonds, milk, wholegrains ,peanut butter
3. Why is food necessary?
Ans: it helps in growth, energy, boosts our metabolism and keeps us fit and healthy.